How to get into property development?
Part 1 of 14
How to get into Property Development, without prior knowledge and experience.
This is part 1 of a 14 part series on How to get into Property Development?
Part 1 – Property Development Mindset
The article discusses the following:
- The most important thing that you need to control before you get into property development.
- If you don’t have this one thing under control it will be an uphill battle from this point on.
- Control and strengthen this “one thing” and you can conquer and achieve anything.
If someone ever asked me what is that “One thing” that has helped me become successful at Property Development, I would say it’s my property development mindset.
Property Development is the most lucrative and the fastest way to generate equity that I know. I have been to many seminars and completed various property development courses, studied many different property investment strategies & even obtained diplomas in the field of property. If there is that one strategy that gets me results, the quickest, it has to be Property Development.
However, because of its very nature, it requires a very strong mindset. Because it is full of problem solving, trouble shooting and managing risks. However, I can guarantee you that if you have the right mindset, you will be very successful in this industry.
If you already have the right mindset there is a very good chance, you may be underestimating the power it can bring to the table or the level at which it is required in property development.
Let’s find out whether or not you have the right mindset for property development. Ask yourself if you suffer from the following:
- You Have a “Fear of Success”
- You Dwell on Too Many Options
- You Quit When the Going Gets Tough
- You Don’t Take Your Money Situation Seriously
- You Let Others waste Your Time
- You Avoid the Hard Work
- You Don’t Take Responsibility – you look for someone else to blame.
- What would you rather do? Get Ahead or Get Even.
- You Tell Yourself Negative Stories
- You Spend All Your Time Planning
- You Don’t Cut Yourself Any Slack
- You Talk yourself down.
- You have poor self-image.
If you have answered yes to any of the above, my guess is that you self-sabotage yourself.
Your behaviour is said to be self-sabotaging when it creates problems and interferes with long-standing goals. Its when part of your personality acts in conflict with another part of your personality.
In order to be successful a property developer…
- You must have a Predictable System in place that you can follow, over and over again without thinking.
- You have to be willing to push through your comfort zone.
- You can never allow your “self-doubt” to stop you from achieving what you truly deserve.
- And you need to play the game to win. Are you playing the game to win or are you playing the game, so you don’t lose?
In property development, there are winners and there are losers and then there are people who haven’t learned how to win yet. All they need is the right system, the right course in property development for them to move forward. However, no amount of property development courses can help you, if you don’t have the right mindset.
There is an old African proverb, “if there is no enemy within, the enemy outside can do you no harm”.
So if you know that you have the right mindset, if you think you are ready to take the leap from being a property investor to a property developer, if you think that you are ready to learn the property development process and the strategies involved, then it’s time for you to move forward and take the next step. This means that you have the first “HOW” of How to get into property development. You start with working on your mind, you spend time listening to audiobooks or mindset programs, whatever rocks your boat and when you are faced with challenges, you push through them, you create a big enough WHY i.e. all the reasons of why you want to get into property development.
Next week, in the Part 2 of How to get into Property Development, I will discuss the steps that you need to take to get started and find your first project. I will discuss everything you need to Find your first deal.
That’s my time and I’ll see you next week.